Friday, September 10, 2010

Girls vs. Boys

There is an age old question of what children are easier to raise....Boys or Girls... I've heard all sorts of reasons of one over the other and they all cause me to laugh.  Because I find that one of the silliest questions ever. 

We have children ranging in age from 2 to 13 ,boys and a girls, and we're around kids birth to 18 quite frequently, again boys and girls,....I've found that the question is not boys vs girls but that each child is such an individual that the question can only be applied to an individual.  With a range to look at and with very close friends with many girls and boys I've found they are equal in "issues" to raise.

My boys are "what you see is what you get" young men....if their happy they show it, unhappy the same, each emotion or feeling is clearly displayed to us because we know them so well. So while it's all on their sleeves our lives are a roller coaster of "in the moment" emotions.

Our daughter on the other hand is a walking contradiction....happy when she's sad, unhappy looking when she's content....but again we know this because we know her so very well.  But she is in turn incredibly lovey and honest when asked a direct question.

Boys low maintenance for some but not others. Girls high maintenance for some but not others.  Moody or stoic, hyper or mellow, cuddly or not....each thing is interchangeable between both sexes.

I am a huge fan of both...boys and girls....I love having children (which is good when I have 5 already) but when it comes to which is easier I'd have to say both!

Now if you asked me what child is easier to raise.....well that's a whole different topic!  And even that answer changes from year to year :-)
You know it's all about learning as you go!

1 comment:

  1. the reinactments take place all over the us, this one was at fort stephans in warrenton. Fun stuff!! Tons of boys your kids ages.

    Kids are kids. Some days are easier some are harder. :) I definatly agree with you there.

    ReplyDelete