Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Signs to ponder

My hubby and I ran away to the beach this weekend to celebrate our 15th wedding anniversary.  A little early but with 5 busy kids we take time when we can :-) 

While wandering the town and all the little shops we came across some great 'saying' signs.  You know the kind...the quick sayings on a sign...."faith, hope, love"..."I'm the queen" things like that.... We had a few favorites "I kiss better than I cook, and I'm a great cook"...."It's hard to be the princess".... "I cook with wine, sometimes I even use it in food"...."life is full of choices, remove your shoes or scrub the floors" things like that.  But the one that really caught us was a little magnet.

"God already has my stupidity factored into my eternity"

How perfect is that!  God does have a sense of humor to work with us imperfect people.  And how often do we have those..."oh man" moments we wish we could redo or just tweak the moment to come out better.

All weekend the saying has stayed with me and I can't believe how comforted I am in that simple truth.  No matter how "stupid" I can be God is not surprised, worried or flustered.  He's got it covered!  And He'll use my imperfect moments and choices to draw me to Himself for His glory!  Awesome

So don't forget to take the time to laugh at yourself in your "stupid" moments....it's already factored in ;-)

2 comments:

  1. :) glad you got to enjoy your anniversery at the beach!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I am glad I got to be the one who was blessed with the child watching privilege so you guys could go on your trip! I think that saying is great and it is nice to know God is bigger than the "stupid" in life. Great job blogging!

    ReplyDelete